Dr. Balin received her medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She completed her ophthalmology residency at the Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York. She then completed a Fellowship in cornea and anterior segment surgery with highest honors.
After completing her chief residency, she began a private practice in Northampton, Massachusetts and established the Balin Eye & Laser Center, a complete eye care facility.
As the director of the Balin Eye & Laser Center, Dr. Balin's mission was to create a full service facility that would provide the highest quality, most technologically advanced medical care to the residents of Hampshire, Hampden, and Franklin counties. The Balin Eye & Laser Center is located in Northampton, Massachusetts. We also have satellite offices allowing our patients to be seen in Springfield and Ware, Massachusetts.
Dr. Balin's expertise and dedication to quality medical care have earned her unprecedented recognition throughout Western Massachusetts. Dr. Balin's laser vision corrective surgical specialties include iLASIK, CustomVue, Lasik and PRK. She is also a highly respected cataract surgeon and performs No Stitch Cataract Surgery using the latest multifocal and accomodating lens technology -Tecnis®, ReSTOR®, and Crystalens™ to provide patients with distance, intermediate and near vision in most cases without the need for glasses.
She has been elected by her peers as one of the Best Doctors in America 2009-2011, 2015-2016. The Balin Eye & Laser Center serves the greater Springfield Massachusetts area.
Dr. Balin is a member of the following:
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member Refractive Surgery Alliance Society
- The American College of Surgeons
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The American Medical Association
- The Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- The Massachusetts Medical Society
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Hampshire County Medical Society
- Women in Ophthalmology
- Greater Springfield Ophthalmologic Society